C Care CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) POLICY
CCare is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our volunteers and staff particularly given the recent out-break of COVID-19. We are closely monitoring official information and advice relating to the outbreak, and this policy sets out CCare approach regarding precautionary measures in the event of an infection in our workforce or a member of your household.
Please note that this is an evolving situation. As new information becomes available, we may issue updates to this policy.
This policy applies to all volunteers and staff of CCare.
Precautionary measures to be taken by volunteers and staff
Have as our first priority the health and safety of our people.
- If you or anyone you know comes into close contact with someone infected with COVID-19, or exhibits any of the known systems of infection (fever, a cough, sore throat or shortness of breath), please inform Shlomo Nathanson immediately on 0433810313 and also work through the attached self-assessment. Contact the coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398 or your GP.
- Do not attend the CCare kitchen if you have any of the known symptoms (the most common being a fever, cough and shortness of breath), or if you are in close contact with someone who has or may have the virus.
- Leave the CCare kitchen if you develop any of the symptoms while at the CCare kitchen
- Wash hands often, including on arrival at the workplace, after using the toilet and before eating. Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser. Dry hands with a paper towel or hand dryer.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Put the tissue in a bin and always wash your hands afterwards. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow or shoulder (not bare hands).
- Use anti-bacterial products which will be available to thoroughly wipe surfaces and equipment.
- Avoid shaking hands.
At the Hub:
We would like to take this opportunity to share our COVID-19 procedures with you, so that everyone feels comfortable and safe when coming to The Hub.
We request that you only come to the hub for a session if you have booked in through the booking platform. We need your help so please ensure that you have booked in through ccare.org.au/sessions, so we can make sure the safe and correct number of people are in each of the rooms at any one time.
Everyone who comes into The Hub will need to sign in by completing a short form via the QR code. We will also check your temperature and ask you to confirm that you do not have any COVID-like symptoms and have not recently been in contact with anyone with COVID-19. If you are unsure, please check with your doctor before coming into The Hub.
When you arrive at The Hub for your sessions, please follow the instructions and guidelines given by the session leader, regarding what your shift will entail, which room you will be working in, and what food safety gear you are required to wear during your shift.
As per government guidelines, we ask that you please wear a mask at all times and maintain a social distance of at least 1.5 metres between you and another person at all times at The Hub.
We will have masks, gloves and sanitiser available for your use. Also please note, we will be ventilating the Hub as much as possible.
Now more than ever, we are in need of help with deliveries. All deliveries will be contactless to ensure the safety of both our volunteers and our recipients. Deliveries are an integral part of our service to the vulnerable members of our community, and your help is especially appreciated at this time.